Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love socks.

It's official. I love knitting socks. I can't stop and I'm hoarding sock yarn. I'm even spinning it. I may have a problem.

The latest project consists of two plain ol'vanilla socks, knit out of Noro Kureyon sock.

The only issue I have is that I have US size 11 lady feet. Some fun patterns aren't geared for my Northern European peasant DNA. I also feel that some variegated and self-striping sock yarn should just be knit plain without any pattern. Let the yarn be the centerpiece, not the pattern. I started these socks over a ton of times because I couldn't decided what to do. That being said, I'm currently knitting some lovely variegated sock yarn with a lacey pattern. We'll see what happens. If it's too tight on my feet, though, it'll be ripped out. Damn my large lady feet!


Miss Click Clack said...

No, don't be crabby about your size 11s - this way we all get to see more of that beautiful Noro colourway! And stocking-stitch is the perfect back-drop for it! I love these socks!

hazel evelyn said...

oh I love these!!

design by suckmylolly.com